10 Spirit Boosters for Sucky Days
We often don't speak honestly about struggles in public, but we all have them. I toiled over the loss of a job opportunity over I so dearly cherished last week. Reaching out to friends for support and perspective provides empowerment, but there are times when you need to hear the voice of others. These are ten pieces of inspiration that resonated with me deeply over the years and the struggles.
(1) Admiral William McRaven on the importance of starting the day with accomplishing a task – make your bed.
(2) Elizabeth Gilbert lets her fear know what's up in a nicely worded letter.
(3) Paulo Coelho inspired me to quit my job with a wise fable.
(4) Shawn Achor's talk on happiness and work got me out of bed when working in an unhealthy culture.
(5) India.Arie speaks on what fearlessness really means.
(6) Cheryl Strayed's advice in any and all Dear Sugar letters is the real, no bull shit kind of love.
(7) Lisa Nichols's positive authenticity to remind you that it's all there.
(8) J.K. Rowling’s strength have always been there, not even shaken by the worst of circumstances.
(9) Tao Porchon-Lynch is proof you should never stop or slow down.
(10) Finally, on tough days, it's helpful to read/hear you aren't alone and to hear it from people did or do know (especially those in the public eye). The article and the video below are inspiring testaments to challenges in pursing your life's work from people I knew in high school.
Hope you're spirits are a little higher than when you started looking through this post. Now, wine.